How Ijmb 2022 Physics Alt_a 2a Questions Practical Will Come Out
Use the diagram as a guide to carry out the following experiment
- Trace the outline ABCD of the rectangular glass prism on the drawing paper provided.
- Remove the Prism. Select a point N on AB such that AN is about one quarter of AB.
- Draw the normal LMN. Also draw a line RN to make an angle ∅° 75° with AB at N
- Fix two pins at P1 and P2 on line RN. Replace the prism on its outline.
- Fix two other pins at P3 and P4 such that they appear to be in a straight line with the image of the pins at P1 and P2 when viewed through the prism from side DC.
- Remove the Prism and the pins at P3 and P4. Draw a line to join P3 and P4
- Chat Exammovement for your runzs ,07062154881,
- Produce line P4 P3 to meet the DC at O. Draw a line to join NO.
- Evaluate ∅ = MO/NO and Cos∅
- You will be given some values to find e.g. 30, 65, 100, and so on. Tabulate the values plot a graph vertical and horizontal determine the slope on the graph
Note the precautions below
- I ensured that pins are vertically erect
- I ensured that pins are reasonably spaced
- Ensured neat traces
Some Questions that are likely to come out
- Explain the term refractive index and give the mathematical expression for it in terms of wavelength.
- State the conditions necessary for total internal reflection to occur for a given pair of media.
- State Snell’s law of refraction