How to Answer Waec 2023 Summary Questions: Candidates are to note that there are certain factors or reasons which can make a passage lengthy but which do not add new points to or change the main theme.
READ ALSO: Waec Runz 2023 Questions & Answers Expo
These are examples, illustrations, dialogues, repetitions, verbosity, or usage of more words than necessary to present a point. Candidates are therefore advised not to be taken in by all that is in the passage to decide the main or central theme.
Waec English Question and Answer 2023, How to Answer Theory Questions, Waec Questions and Answers 2023, Waec Essay Questions and Answers, Oral English Questions and Answers Pdf
How to Answer Summary Questions
To present a good summary take the following steps:
- Read the questions first then read the passage. In reading the passage don’t be sluggish by moving forward and backward. But don’t skip any part either.
- Read the passages three times to get used to the subject and to pick the main points which will help you focus on what your answer to the questions will likely be.
To find the main points please note that:
- The writer may present the main point directly or indirectly.
- A direct presentation may include the use of words that may help the reader to understand the “when where and how” of the main points. This is usually achieved by paraphrases such as firstly, secondly, thirdly, next, then, furthermore, moreover, again, also, besides, another, apart from, lastly, in conclusion, to round off, etc.
- When a new point is introduced in a paragraph other points made within the main paragraph only serve to explain the main point being made.
- An indirect presentation may pose more problems to the student because there are no clear clues indicating the main points. However, each paragraph usually has a point. This must be remembered always.
READ: AREA OF CONCENTRATION FOR CIVIC EDUCATION WAEC
Once the main points are identified the real question to ask is how they can be presented properly as answers! This may be done in two ways: The PREAMBLE METHOD or the DIRECT SENTENCE METHOD.
How to Answer Waec Theory Questions, How to Answer Waec Questions, Waec Comprehension Questions, and Answers.