Get the 2018 BECE English past questions and answers below, this is a complete past question for the 2018 English language.
BECE 2018 English Language Past Questions and Answers
Bece 2018 English Questions and Answers Pdf, Bece 2018 English Comprehension Answers, Bece 2018 English Marking Scheme, Bece 2018 English Paper 2 Answers, Bece 2018 Questions and Answers, Bece 2018 English Literature Answers, Bece 2018 Questions and Answers Pdf, Bece English Past Questions 2017, 2017 Bece English Questions and Answers, Bece Past Questions 2018 Mathematics, Bece 2018 Science Questions and Answers, Bece 2018 Rme Questions and Answers, Bece Comprehension Questions and Answers, Gabece Past Questions, Bece 2020 English Questions and Answers, Bece English Past Questions 2015, Bece 2013 English Questions and Answers, Bece 2016 English Questions and Answers, Bece 2019 English Questions and Answers Pdf, Download Bece Past Questions and Answers Pdf, Bece 2016 English Questions, Bece Past Questions 2018 Ict.
READ: WAEC English past questions and Answers
ENGLISH LANGUAGE 1
LEXIS AND STRUCTURE
From the alternatives lettered A to D, choose the one which most suitably completes each sentence.
1. Salifu was ……..surprised that he could not talk.
2. This amount is all ………I have on me.
3. I am told the boy is a friend of ……….
4. Rice and beans ……a good meal for children.
B. have been
D. is being
5. Yaw is …….clever to be cheated.
READ: How to Get 2021 Waec Questions And Answers Directly to Your Phone as a Text Message
6. The two rivals are fond of insulting ………
A. each other
B. one another
C. one and the other
7. Of all the pupils in the class, Ekua is ……..
C. the prettier
D. the prettiest
8. It is high time Adzo ……..home.
C. has come
D. will come
9. You should be ……..more careful about what you say.
D. a little
10. Atsu is looking forward to ……..his friends at the party.
C. be seeing
D. have seen
11. The harder you study, ……..your chance of success.
C. the great
D. the greater
12. If you had asked me, I ………you.
A. will help
B. would help
C. will have helped
D. would have helped
13. I don’t really know what you want, ………I?
14. I will not walk to school with ……….of the boys.
15. Jane fell ill ………..measles.
CHECK OUT: Jamb 2021 Runz | 2021-2022 JAMB CBT RUNS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS EXPO
HOT: Download Gospel Ebooks
Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in each sentence.
16. Aminu’s bushy eyebrows gave him a very severe look.
17. My father had the benefit of good education.
18. Kwame was too scared to be left alone in the house.
19. The new school is ideal for Mr. Mensah’s children.
20. The internet is of enormous benefit to education.
In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one that best explains the underlined group of words.
21. Afua celebrates her birthday today but I cannot make it. This means that the speaker
A. does not want to be there
B. feels it is not necessary to attend
C. has no birthday gift for her friend
D. will not be able to attend
22. The interview was conducted to separate the sheep from the goats. This means that the interview aimed at
A. finding people who could rear sheep
B. keeping the sheep in a different pen
C. selecting only the humble candidates
D. selecting the best candidates
23. Being the eldest child of the family, Joojo claimed the lion’s share of the father’s property. This means that Joojo had
A. all the property
B. half of the property
C. the best part
D. the largest part
24. The students were all ears during the presentation. This means that the students
A. did not enjoy the presentation
B. had big ears
C. listened attentively
D. were very happy
25. Dallies is the pick of the bunch. This means that Dallies
A. is a farmer
B. is an athlete
C. is preferred to all the others
D. works on a banana plantation
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word underlined in each sentence.
26. The headteacher asked the pupils to disperse.
27. The current is slow downhill.
28. The bread is stale.
29. Akos has nothing to be boastful of.
30. The pupils are confident of passing the examination.
END OF PAPER
ANSWERS TO JUNE 2018
ENGLISH LANGUAGE 1
1. B. so
2. A. that
3. C. his
4. C. is
5. C. too
6. A. each other
7. D. the prettiest
8. A. came
9. D. a little
10. B. seeing
11. D. the greater
12. D would have helped
13. C. do
14. B. either
15. D. with
16. C. serious
17. B. advantage
18. A. afraid
19. D. suitable
20. B. great
21. D. will not be able to attend
22. D. selecting the best candidates
23. D the largest part
24. C. listened attentively
25. C. is preferred to all the others
26. A. assemble
27. D. swift
28. C. fresh
29. C. ashamed
30. C uncertain
2018 Past Questions and Answers, Wassce 2017 English Questions, Past Question for Jss3 English Language, Free Junior Waec Past Questions Pdf, Jss2 English Exam Questions, Lasswell Evergreen Solutions 2015, Nigerian Bece Past Questions, Bece 2020 English Questions and Answers Pdf, Bece Past Question and Answer 2018, Bece 2020 English Past Questions, Bece Literature Questions and Answers, Bece September 2020 Questions, Bece Past Questions App, Bece Past Questions and Answers 2020, Bece 2020, Bece Results 2020, Wassce English Past Questions and Answers Pdf, Marking Scheme for Bece 2018, Bece English Comprehension Passages, 2019 Wassce English Paper 2, Bece English Past Questions 2017, Bece 2010 English Questions and Answers, Bece English Marking Scheme.