JAMB 2022 BIOLOGY LIKELY QUESTIONS
1. Which of the following is not a Protista? A. Paramecium B. Plasmodium C. Trypanosome D. Yeast✅
2. Which of the following organisms share both characteristics of plants and animals? A. Spirogyra B. Euglena✅ C. Amoeba D. Paramecium
3. One of these is not an animal-like feature of Euglena? A. Possession of pellicle B. Possession of myonemes C. Possession of paramylum granules✅ D. Presence of Contractile vacoule
4. Fungi store their food mainly as? A. Starch B. Glucose C. Amino acid D. Glucagon E. Glycogen✅
5. The cell wall of fungi is made up of? A. Cellulose B. Starch C. Peptidoglycan D. Chitin✅
6. Most fungi are? A. Holophytic B. Chemosynthetic C. Saprophytic✅ D. Autotrophic
7. Liverworts and mosses belong to the group of plant called? A. Thallophyta B. Tracheophyta C. Pteridophyta D. Bryophyta✅
8. Ferns belong to the group of plant called? A. Bryophyta B. Thallophyta C. Rhodophyta D. Pteridophyta✅
9. In which group of plants are seeds borne on a cone instead of ovary? A. Bryophyta B. Pteridophyta C. Angiosperm D. Gymnosperms✅
10. Arrange the following in increasing order of complexity. I. Angiosperms II. Bryophytes III. Pteridophytes IV. Gymnosperms A. IV, III, II, I B. I, II, III, IV C. II, III, IV, I✅ D. II, IV, III, I
11. Which of the following plants undergoes secondary growth? A. Maize B. Mango✅ C. Rice D. Guinea grass
12. I. Seeds are borne on cones II. Does not bear flowers III. Seeds are naked. The above characteristics are possessed by a plant which belong to? A. Angiosperms B. Thallophyta C. Bryophyta D. Gymnosperm✅
13. Which of the following groups of plants exhibits alternation of generation? A. Algae B. Mosses C. Ferns D. Liverworts E All of the above✅
14. Dicotyledonous plants have which type of venation? A. Parallel B. Scattered C. Net✅ D. None of the above
15. Which of the following undergoes secondary growth? A. Maize B. Guinea grass C. Cowpea✅ D. Rice
16. Porifera are group of invertebrates that are? A Bilaterally symmetrical B. Radially symmetrical C. Asymmetrical✅ D. None of the above
17. Which of the following are commonly referred to as primitive multicellular animals? A. Coelenterates B. Annelids C. Porifera✅ D. Nematodes
18. Animals with no backbone are called? A. Chordates B. Vertebrates C. Invertebrates✅ D. Holozoic
19. Hydra and sea anemones belong to the group of animal called? A. Platyhelminthes B. Porifera C. Annelida C. Coelentrata✅
20. Cnidarians are? A Radially symmetrical✅ B. Asymmetrical C. Bilaterally symmetrical D. Triploblastic
21. Flatworms are also known as? A. Annelida B. Nematoda C. Platyhelminthes✅ D. Coelenterates
22. The part of a snail which house the lung or gill is called? A. Shell B. Tentacles C. Mantle cavity✅ D. Muscular foot
23. The cocoon of earthworm which contains eggs is secreted by the? A Proglottides B. Chaetae C. Body segments D. Clitellum✅
24. The largest Phylum in the animal kingdom is the? A. Annelida B. Molluscs C. Nematoda D. Arthropoda✅
25. Arthropods possess which type of skeleton? A Exoskeleton✅ B. Hydrostatic skeleton C. Endoskeleton D. None of the above
26. Which of the following is not a class of Arthropoda? A. Insecta B. Myriapoda C. Arachnida D. Gastropoda✅ E. Crustacean
27. The only class of Arthropoda that possesses wings is the? A. Myriapoda B. Insecta✅ C. Crustacean D. Arachnida
28. Which class of Arthropoda is devoid of antennae? A. Insecta B. Crustaceans C. Arachnida✅ D. None of the above
29. Lung books are the respiratory organs of? A. Housefly B. Tadpoles C. Centipede D. Spider✅
30. Insects have many pairs of antenna? A. 1✅ B. 2 C. 3 D. 4
31. Echinoderms exhibit which type of symmetry? A Radial B Bilateral C. Asymmetry D. A and B✅
32. Which of these is not cold-blooded? A. Tilapia B. Toads C. Newts D. Birds✅
33. Which of the following has a two-chambered heart? A Fishes✅ B. Amphibians C. Reptiles D. Mammals
34. The tadpoles of Amphibians are? A Carnivorous B. Herbivorous✅ C. Omnivorous D. Holophytic
35. Incomplete septum is found in? A Fishes B. Reptiles✅ C. Mammals D. Amphibians
36. Pouched animals like kangaroo and koala are also known as? A. Placental B. Monotremes C. Marsupials✅ D. None of the above
37. The thoracic cavity of mammals is separated from the abdominal cavity by the? A. Pleural membrane B. Diaphragm✅ C. Intercostal muscle D Synovial membrane
38. The main similarity between birds and reptiles is the possession of? A. Feathers B. Beak C. Wings D. Scales✅
39. Which of the following has Homodont dentition? A. Bird B. Rabbit C. Tilapia D. Lizard✅
40. Which of the following is false of bony fishes? A Possession of swim bladder B Laterally compressed C Absence of gill slit D None of the above✅
These questions are given to analyse your understanding of the topic in Biology
1. The natural place of an organism or community is known as …….
2. Which is the renewable exhaustible natural energy resource?
3. According to Shelford’s Law of Tolerance, the organisms wide environmental factor tolerance limit show?
A. Narrow distribution with low population size.
B. Wide distribution with high population size.
C. Narrow distribution with high population size.
D. Wide distribution with low population size.
4. Plants growing under direct sunlight are known as …..
5. Plants growing under shade are known as …..
6. An orchid living on a tree exhibits …
7. Which statement is correct with respect to the food chain?
A. Every component of the food chain forms a trophic level.
B. Inter-relation between different food chains is known as a food web.
C. All the chains formed by nutritional relations is used to understand energy flow.
8. The process of vernalization is practised in ….
A. Cold countries
B. Hot countries
C. Only in sub-tropical countries
D. Only in tropical countries
9. Which of the following requires maximum energy?
A. Secondary consumer
C. Primary consumer
D. Primary producer
10. The bottom area where production is less than respiration in a pond ecosystem is termed as …..
A. Profundal zone
B. Tidal zone
C. Benthic zone
D. Limnetic zone
11. Which is not the characteristic of ‘r’ selected species?
A. Reproduce quickly
B. Parental care
C. A low survival rate of progenies
D. Produce a large number of progenies.
12. Which is not the characteristic of a population?
D. Sex ratio
13. Lincoln index measures?
A. Population mortality rate
B. Population natality rate
C. Population size
D. Population density
14. Allelopathy refers to …..
A. Inhibition of growth of one species by another by the production of toxins.
B. Inhibition of sporulation of pathogen by the host.
C. Altering the reproductive cycle of one organism by another.
D. Inhibition of growth of one species by another by preventing reproduction
15. The ratio between energy flow at different points in a food chain is known as …….
A. Ecological capacity
B. Ecological efficiency
C. Ecological assimilation
D. Ecological potential
16. The ability of a population to increase under ideal environmental conditions is called …
B. Carrying capacity
C. Biotic potential
D. Absolute natality
17. In an ecosystem, the energy flow is always …..
A. Always unidirectional
B. Always bidirectional
In any direction
C. Always down directional.
18. In thermal stratification, the middle region which shows vertical temperature change is called ……
19. Select a non-denitrifying bacteria🦠
A. Pseudomonas aeruginosa
C. Thiobacillus denitrificans
D. Bacillus ramosus
20. Which one is a ‘K’ selected species?
21. All species of Lemur are endemic to which area?
B. Seychelles Island
C. Galapagos Island
D. New Caledonia
22. The upper part of an aquatic ecosystem contains ….
D. both (A) and (B)
23. What type of food chain is it?
dead animals → blowfly maggot → maggots → frog → snake
A. Detrital food chain
B. Decomposer food chain
C. Predator food chain
D. Grazing food chain
24. Identify the mismatched pair.
A. Tundra – Permafrost
B. Savanna – Acacia trees
C. Prairie – Epiphytes
D. Coniferous forest – Evergreen trees.
25. “The pyramid of energy is always upright” states that …
A. The energy conversion efficiency of herbivores is better than carnivores
B. The energy conversion efficiency of carnivores is better than herbivores
C. Producers have the lowest energy conversion efficiency
D. Energy conversion efficiency is the same in all trophic levels.
26. The population of birds declined in an area where DDT was extensively used. Why?
A. The birds stopped laying eggs
B. The eggs laid by the birds did not hatch
C. The snakes ate the eggs
D. The DDT spray killed all the birds
27. Which of the following lake zones has phytoplanktons in abundance?
A. Littoral zone
B. Benthic zone
C. Limnetic zone
D. Profundal zone
28. Plant species with a wide range of genetic distribution evolve into a local population known as…
29. The eggshell of birds becomes thin by the pollution from pesticides due to the interference in the activity of …