NECO 2021 DATA PROCESSING PRACTICAL/COMPUTER STUDIES INSTRUCTIONS
May 11, 2023 NECO 0 Comments
NATIONAL EXAMINATION COUNCIL (NECO) DATA PROCESSING PRACTICAL/ COMPUTER STUDIES INSTRUCTION TO SCHOOL/SUPERVISORS
(A) The school authority/administrator is expected to provide the following facilities in readiness for the 2021 SSCE NECO internal examination for the candidates
- A well-ventilated computer laboratory/room to accommodate a sizeable number of students at once.
- Standby generator with capacity to power all the systems ( Maximum 3.5KVA).
- Installation of application packages like Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet (Excel), Microsoft Access, and CorelDraw.
- A reasonable number of printers to go round the candidates
- UPS(uninterrupted Power Supply)
READ ALSO: NECO BIOLOGY PRACTICAL SPECIMEN 2021
(B) COMPUTER SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
- Hard Drive = 160GB – 320GB
- RAM = 3G
- Processor = pentium Chip
- Processor Speed = 2.5 MHz at least
- Operating system = windows
- USB ports = 2 to 6
READ: WAEC Animal husbandry Specimen 2021
- The maximum number of shifts must be three. provide the number of computer systems for the candidates in conformity with the number of shifts. For example, a school that has 120 candidates should have 120/3 = 40 computer systems.
- In a school where the number of computer systems cannot go round, candidates are allowed to use their personal systems (Laptops) provided all required packages are installed.
- Each candidate is expected to print out his /her hard copy for submission to the supervisor at the examination center.
- Where a candidate encounters any problem with the system, the teacher is to guide the candidate, but not to operate the system for the candidate.
- No contents of the candidate’s work should be the same.