WAEC Chemistry Specimen 2022: This page contains a list of chemicals, Apparatus, and Materials that will be used for the May/June 2022 CHEMISTRY Practical. All you need to do is to stay focus and follow me.
The West African Examinations Council is an examination board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, for University and Jamb entry examination in West African countries.
2022 waec physics specimens,
2022 waec chemistry practical specimen,
2022 waec specimens,
2022 waec physics practical specimen,
waec 2022 practical specimen,
biology practical specimen 2022,
biology specimen for waec 2022,
waec chemistry practical question 2022
READ ALSO: Area of Concentration for CHEMISTRY WAEC
OFFICIAL WAEC 2022/2023 CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL SPECIMEN
Below is the Official Waec 2022 chemistry practical Specimen provided by Waec official and distributed to all schools that are seating for this year’s Waec Examination.
- Great care should be taken to ensure that the information given in items 2 and 3 below does not reach the candidates either directly or indirectly before the examination.
- In addition to the fittings and reagents normally contained in a Chemistry laboratory. the following apparatus and materials will be required by each candidate:
WAEC CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL SPECIMENS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO SCHOOLS
(a) One burette of 50cm³ capacity
(b) One pipette either 20cm³ or 25cm³
All candidates at one center must use a pipette of the same volume. These should be clean and free from grease.
(c) The usual apparatus for titration.
(d) The usual apparatus for reagent for qualitative work including the following with all reagents appropriately labeled.
(i) Dilute sodium hydroxide solution
(ii) Dilute hydrochloric acid
(iii) Dilute trioxonitrate(V) acid
(iv) Barium chloride solution
(v) Acidified potassium dichromate solution
(vi) Aqueous ammonia
(vii) Lime water
(viii) Red and blue litmus papers
(ix) Dilute tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid.
(f) Filtration apparatus
(g) One Beaker
(h) One boiling tube
(i) Four test tubes
(j) Methyl orange as indicator
(k) Glass rod
(l) Wash bottle containing distilled/ diagnosed water
(m) Burning splint
(n) Watch glass
(o) Bunsen burner/ source heat
(q) Mathematical table/Calculator
(3) Each candidate should be supplied the following where n is the candidate’s serial number.
(a) 150cm³ of a solution HCL, in a corked flask or bottle labeled ‘An’. These should be all the same containing 9.0cm³ of concentrated HCL (about 36%) per dm³ of solution.
(b) 150cm³ of NaOH solution in a corked flask or bottle labeled ‘Bn’. These should all be the same containing 4.8g of NaOH per dm³ of solution.
(c) One spatulaful of a uniform mixture of CuSO4 and (NH4)2CO3 in a specimen bottle and corked immediately and labeled ‘Cn’. The components of the mixture should be in ratio 1:1 by mass.
(4) In all cases, more material may be issued if required.
(5) The actual concentration of ‘An’ and ‘Bn’ must be stated in the Supervisor Report Form. The candidate will assume that the concentrations are exactly as stated in the question paper.
(6) It should be noted that schools are not allowed to amend the information provided on the question paper or substitute any substance/solution for those specified in these instructions.
CHECK OUT: Waec 2022 Timetable, Waec 2022 Timetable PDF
ARRANGEMENT AND SERIAL NUMBERS OF CANDIDATES
- The laboratory places should be numbered serially and the candidates should be allotted these places strictly in the order of their index numbers.
The number of every specimen supplied to each candidate should be the same as his or her serial number.
- If a candidate is absent, his or her serial number should not be allotted to another candidate.
- If the candidates are divided into a number of sets, the serial numbers should be continued through the sets, so that no serial number is repeated.
- At the beginning of the examination, it should be ensured that the candidates record their serial numbers as well as the index numbers
on the front pages of their answer books, as they will be marked according to their serial numbers.
- Supervisor’s Report Forms are provided separately. You must enclose a completed Report Form in each envelope of scripts.
- The chemistry teacher should carry out the titrations required of the candidates in Question 1. The titration figures should be to at least one decimal place and should be carefully verified. Unless this is done at the same time as the candidates’ own titrations, wide variations could set in and the candidates may be unavoidably penalized.
- Any particular difficulties experienced by any candidate should be reported especially if the Examiner would be unable to discover these from the scripts.
◊CAUTION STATEMENT ON THE TOXICITY OF CHEMICALS
- It is important that you remind candidates that chemicals could be dangerous when they are not handled properly. Before the practical examination starts, read.out the following statements to candidates.
“Even though care has been taken to select the chemicals you will work with, you are being reminded that chemicals could be dangerous. It is therefore important that you handle them carefully.
Call the attention of your invigilator as soon as you start having any unusual sensation. Wash your mouth thoroughly with plenty of water, should any chemical get into it. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you finish handling the chemicals.”
- It is however expected that you will put the appropriate arrangement in place to prevent the occurrence of any accident.
- WAEC GCE chemistry practical specimen
- WAEC specimen for chemistry
- 2022/2022 WAEC chemistry specimen
- WAEC chemistry past questions download
- NECO chemistry specimen
- GCE chemistry specimen 2022
- WAEC chemistry practical question
- Biology specimen for GCE
- Chemistry specimen for GCE
- NECO GCE specimen for GCE
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about WAEC Chemistry Specimen 2022, kindly provide us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this guide.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate to use our share button below to inform – friends and relations via Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp.